PRIZE One-week theatrical release at participating cinemas: screened during the pre-show.
TERMS We want original films to premiere at the Festival We welcome great stories in ALL genres
Four themes to choose from: Canadian Pride, Canadian Communities, Canadians Abroad and Canada’s Future Submission method FilmFreeway exclusively.
Selection A selection committee will be appointed by the Festival to view all submissions. The selection committee’s decisions are final.
Notification Participants will be notified via email of the selection results in June 2017.
Eligibility Films must be Canadian productions with Canadians in creative control. Must be ORIGINAL films. A total of 150 seconds in length (including titles and credits). Must not be available online in any form.
$20.00 USD for Early deadline of April 30, 2017
$25.00 USD for Final deadline of May 19, 2017
$27.00 USD for Extended deadline of May 31, 2017
Entry fees are non-refundable
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Original films completed within the last year are preferred. The films should not have excerpts from any other films.
2. Films must be 150 seconds in length – including titles and credits
3. All French films must have English sub-titles. All non-English, non-French films must have English and French subtitles.
4. All films may be excerpted for publicity purposes.
5. Filmmakers will be contacted electronically. Please provide an email address.
6. A separate entry form and additional entry fee must be submitted for each film.
7. Submissions may not be withdrawn from the Festival once admitted.
8. If using music in the films, In order to use music in your films, it’s advised to use your own or make sure that you have permission or pay a SOCAN fee.